Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rock 'n' Roll

 
At 4 am I started my day to 
start one of the most exciting days of the year!
RACE DAY!
Yes, it was the Glory day!
Victory Day after a a vigorous training schedule!
At 40 degrees it was a bit Chilly this morning,
 but definitely better than a HOT day!
I had hoped and prayed for cold weather
and was grateful to not be in Florida's Humidity 
and heat but the wind whipping
 around and hitting us was tough!
The girls and I were super excited and ready for the challenge.
Running with my girlfriends Jen, Bridget, Kristen,
 and Bridget was very inspiring and very enjoyable!
It was one of the Best Races I have every done!
This was my 3rd 1/2 Marathon Race.
I had my best time yet, beating my last
 race by 30 seconds and finishing at 1.57.
Not much, but the last mile running at a 7.30 pace
kicked it up a notch!

I did it....13.1 miles of Glory!

Great day, Great Race, Rock 'n' Roll!


My First Rock 'n' Roll Series that goes around the country.



Bridget S, Bridget K, Jen, and myself
after the Race! Freezing I had to put a jacket on!



My Race Bib #3104 and my Medal!
My Collection is growing!

Thanks to all for the support
and inspiration to be the best I can be!
A special thanks to my family for cheering 
me on during the Race and at the Finish Line!
This was a Great Race!

I look forward to another Race!

Rock 'n' Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment